The "Deutsche Haus" was built as a patrician’s house in Dinkelsbühl by Hans von Drechsel-Deufstetten as early as 1440. The building was enlarged around the year 1600, when it was also endowed with one of the most beautiful instances of half-timbering found in southern Germany. Art historians have judged: “The façade is one of the greatest achievements found in the German High Renaissance.” We also know that Peter Drechsel, the owner in 1575, was an innkeeper and brewer. Thus, the tradition of extending a high level of hospitality is a long-standing one. Throughout the ages, and in the interest of our guests, this tradition has not been forgotten at the "Deutsche Haus".